Saturday, June 27, 2009

Time

I love little kids concept of time and their thought process getting there. Kiara asked me this morning, "Am I going to swim camp?"
I said, "No, it's the weekend."
She replied, "Oh, that's right".
Then she said, "Tuesday?"
I clarified, "Monday."
I especially love the "oh, that's right" comment. I'm not sure where she got that from but it's cute.

Evelina had the same concern about summer camp this morning. I also explained to her that it was Saturday and she said, "I thought there are 7 days in a week?!"
I said, "Yes, 5 week days and 2 weekend days. 5 +2=7"
Evelina then said, "No, that's not 7!"
I said, "Yes Evelina, 5 (showing her 5 fingers) plus 2 (adding 2 fingers) equals 7."
She then said, "But I thought I am at your house for 7 days and my mom's house for 7 days."
I then went on to explain that during the school year, she is with us 5 days and her mom 2 days, but during the summer it is different. This week she was with her mom 5 days in a row. I guess that was a good explanation because the conversation promptly ended after that!

I wonder what conversation I might have with Montre...

No comments:

Post a Comment