Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sisters




































I never had a sister growing up so I'm constantly trying to figure out the dynamics of the sisterhood between Kiara and Evelina. Sometimes they fight, but most of the time the two of them get along pretty well. Kiara adores Evelina. Kiara wants to do everything that Evelina does and repeats most of the phrases that Evelina uses on a regular basis. Evelina loves to answer questions with a jestful "never". So now you will hear the littlest Caref girl saying "eva" in her best imitation of her sister's never. Evelina dislikes being at the receving end of such adoration. She often complains about Kiara copying her and why can't she do something without Kiara trying to do the same. But despite their disagreements, the girls really do love each other. When Evelina gets back from being at her Mom's house for a long period of time, Kiara will run up to her with this huge smile and give a big hug. It is the cutest thing to see. There are so many precious memories I have of the girls, but these are my favorite. I remember Kiara's 1st Cubs game and Evelina holding her so tight at Wrigley Field. I can recall the 1st time the girls ever took a bath together. I remember when we were in South Haven and Kiara gave Evelina the biggest kiss after a bath. I also remember the day I discovered Evelina in her rocking chair reading to her classroom of stuffed animals and Kiara. Today, I saw Evelina showing Kiara how to stand by the tee and swing and at the next turn Kiara hit the ball. I hope their sisterly love continues to grow, even in the teenage years!






1 comment:

  1. I have a sister, and still to this day will happily give her to you to try it out!! Sisters are the best and worst things a girl can have!!!

    ReplyDelete