Friday, July 15, 2011

Pregnancy and Other Ramblings

18 weeks pregnant with #3

Brian and I are expecting another baby. It'll be our 3rd and Brian's 6th. I found out I was pregnant while Brian and I were going through a rough patch in our marriage. I mean we planned our pregnancy in that we didn't do anything to prevent it from happening. We had a conversation about wanting one more and giving Lenin a playmate. Unfortunately, Brian failed to mention some very important things when we were talking about having another baby.

It has been an interesting time since then. Brian and I are going to marriage counseling and trying to improve our relationship, not only for us but for the kids. We have worked so hard in creating a stable environment for all our kids and we are not about to throw that all away without trying our best to figure how to make things better. Also, I want the new baby to have both parents around. I want this baby to feel the love that Kiara and Lenin have felt. I love watching Brian being a dad to his children. Really that is one of the things that made me fall in love with him when we were first dating.

I am now 18 weeks pregnant. Sometimes I still can't believe I am pregnant. I visually see my belly and have even felt the flutters and kicks, but sometimes I think it's not real. Brian and I were hoping for a baby boy so that Lenin can another boy to play with. We find out this Tuesday, July 19 at 3:15 p.m. Montre is almost 14 and Erik is 10, so they are more like little parents than a peer to Lenin. Evelina and Kiara are kind of paired already since they are both girls and share a bedroom. That leaves Lenin all by himself. However part of me wants a girl. It's been 5 years since we had a baby girl around the house :)

I know this will be my last pregnancy. I love being pregnant but this time around it is hitting me much harder. I now have 2 little ones to run around after and I'm definitely not getting any younger. I am ready to accept this as my last baby. I'm sure I will miss holding babies but I can always do that with my future nieces and nephews. Besides I look forward to growing old with Brian. We have been raising kids since we met and we deserve a time where we can do what we want. Brian and I have been so lucky in that we have healthy, beautiful children. All I want is this new baby to be healthy and to have both parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment