Friday, August 28, 2009

Ladies Man





It's been interesting raising an almost teenage boy. I met Montre when he was 5 years old and in my kindergarten class. He has such a sensitive soul and tries hard to please everyone. Even at 12 he is wise beyond his years and you can talk to him about pretty much anything. He is also turning into quite a handsome young man. Over the years I tried to show him how to dress and match clothes. Nothing serious, we are on a Target budget, but at least I showed him what colors go together. This year he has really been into what clothes he wears and has developed a great sense of style. I think he has worn a polo shirt almost everyday since school started. He is also talking to the girls at his school more.

On the 2nd day of school I picked up Evelina and was looking for Montre. The girls and I walk over to where the junior high kids get dismissed and there was Montre talking to 3 girls. I tried not to embarass him in front of the ladies, but told him it was time to go home. Later that day he tells me that the girls at school are paying more attention to him this year. I told him that he is a kind, intelligent and handsome boy and the girls are smart to want to talk to him. On another day when I was dropping the kids off at school, I saw the way the girls looked at Montre when he walked up to him. Last year he attended almost all of the school dances and was excited to tell Brian and I how many girls he danced with. It's crazy to think that he'll be in high school in 2 years and in college in 6. It'll be hard when he has a girlfriend, especially with two nosy younger sisters constantly watching over him. I am curious as to how the next few years will pan out!


No comments:

Post a Comment